The "Nightcap Espresso Martini"
1. Prepare your espresso shot (or next best thing), then chill it to room temperature to avoid unnecessary ice melt and dilution.
2. Combine ingredients in a shaker with plenty of ice, bigger ice cubes will improve the texture of your drink
3. Shake vigorously for at least 30 seconds for a rich, foamy texture
4. Strain and serve into a chilled coupe glass, take care not to over-fill your glass, uncontrolled ice melt can sometimes increase the volume of this drink
5. Garnish with 3 coffee beans
🍸 Pro Tips
Shake with big ice. The smaller the cube the more dilution and water is added to your drink, try shaking with two big cubes that you might use to serve an old fashioned.
Double strain with a fine mesh strainer to remove small ice chips that further dilute your drink.
Quickly chill your espresso with a metal tumbler that's been pre-chilled in the fridge or freezer. Chill even faster by placing the espresso filled tumbler in an ice bath.
Taste your coffee liqueur for sweetness, especially if you’re using an alternative to Nightcap Coffee Liqueur like Mr.Black or Kahlua. Each brand varies in sweetness and may warrant more or less simple syrup to ensure the right level of sweetness in your martini.